Monday, March 20, 2017

God  Empowers Me :  My Christian Walk Book  (MCWB)  INTRO PART 2





            “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose” – Romans 8: 28 (King James Bibile)



             The birth of “My  Christian Walk Book” came to me during the most difficult time of my life. Those countless nights when all I did was cry and God was my only refuge. All I wanted to do every night  was to seek His face, find answers and counsel in His Words and soak in in His healing presence.



              I am eternally grateful to God for giving me this project that I could share with you .  I can’t wait to find out how it all work out in the end. I am sure it would be one of those victories that if preached in the pulpit would have the title: “When Evil Worked For God and The Good”



For now, I am casting all my cares to God and I will just focus on my walk in Christ.

             

              Okay, enough of me, let’s talk about MCWB a.k.a. My Christian Walk Book.

             

               I should say that this a cross between a planner (where you can document your faith ) and faith journaling  and so much more in between. If you are a planner girl, you would  probably think, “I don’t need another one” and I can’t blame you for that.   But maybe you’d give this a chance too. MCWB is totally customizable and you can pick the pages that you would want to include in your own walk book.   



“My Christian Walk Book” is the melting pot of around 15 notebooks, work books and journals that I had and used during my quiet time with God. I would schedule my faith activities throughout the week but keeping track of each one and pulling out a different notebook each time  became too overwhelming  for me.



One day, that God-moment came to me :  “What if I only had one book for EVERYTHING?”



I thought that would be nice, one versus 15! Besides,   I could  definitely use the valuable  real estate that I use for all those notebooks  for something else.



Though my notebooks  that I used only range from $4-$10 each,  15 (more or less) of them still amount to something!



The amount I spent for the notebooks is  not what I want to point out. Truth be told,  I enjoy diversity. I like doing something different every day for the time I spend with God. Some days I just draw, other times I just write my heart away  and sometimes , I’d study God’s promises like a student would before an exam.



I can be artsy / creative but  I would say , I am on the frugal side. I try not to go overboard with buying stuff for my planners , including this one. When I want a pop of color on my planners, I would just resort to some cute stickers I’d find at Walmart or use colored pens or pencils. There are also times when I just want to keep things simple, when a .5 Pilot pen and a smooth paper, my thoughts and God are enough for me. The good thing is , you can do both on this Walk Book. You can be real creative or you can just write away.  I am currently using TUL disc bound system  for ‘My Christian Walk Book”.  You can use a ring binder for it too. I will show you the “How To” soon.



 I then  customized my pages according to what needed.  ( But because I am me and I made this, I needed everything!)



 I got me my ALL-IN-ONE  book, and it’s working out great for me.



Like I mentioned earlier, you can make your very own MCWB according to what you need and/or want. Trust me , you’d love it. It’s the one Faith Book you would  ever need. Like I said on my first blog,  It is still  all about the walk but at the same time, I’d like to be able to see a tangible proof of my faith progress.



I will be working on future  videos to show how I set-up my very own “My Christian Walk Book” and my only wish and prayer   is that this system would help you be drawn closer to Jesus.



This was made for Him for He alone,  empowers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment